Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Trading Coffee for Electrolytes

So this morning started off as one of those, “I can’t keep my eyes open, must have caffeine” kind of mornings that I usually have quite often. Let’s face it. I am not a morning person, nor do I ever plan on being one. Normally, I just head to the closest Starbucks and lay down $5 on a high-calorie, overly caffeinated drink. But this morning, being in a crunch, I picked up a pack of Vitaytle Electrolyte Replacement Solution that we had at the office and had that instead. Now usually, I love Vitalyte for when I’m working out or just after I’ve completed a long run, but I never really thought to try it in the morning. Let me just say, wow, I’m glad I did.

It’s like I never even needed the caffeine my body desperately craved in the first place. Vitalyte Electrolyte Replacement Solution comes in a number of flavors, I tried grape, and it’s so easy to use. You just mix with water and you’re good to go. After about 30 minutes of drinking it, I felt so much better and so much more awake. Plus, I found myself able to concentrate a lot easier, which, at a busy office like this one, is a great ability to have. And the feeling lasted a lot longer than caffeine usually lasts on me. I have been feeling awake, energized and healthy all day long.

One thing I have always loved about Vitalyte is that all the ingredients are natural - so much better than a lot of other energy drinks on the market. The electrolytes in it are essential to hydration. Honestly, why didn’t I think of this before? Vitalyte, the new alternative to coffee. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment